The Palisades Interstate Parkway Police participate on social media using the identifier PARKWAYPOLICE (or expressed as @PARKWAYPOLICE) for most social streams. We can also be found posting on social media under the hashtag #PARKWAYPOLICE and #PIPPD. These official accounts are used to offer an additional way to learn about this organization and its role in law enforcement and public safety.
The Palisades Interstate Parkway Police (hereinafter “PIPPD”) provides up-to-date information to the general public through various social media platforms. The PIPPD uses social media as a means to provide access to information about PIPPD and provide a platform for interaction with PIPPD according to the guidelines outlined herewith. The PIPPD strives to treat everyone with dignity and respect, and we expect the same from our online users and visitors. We hope by providing guidelines to our users and visitors, they will have a more enjoyable experience and will be encouraged to return regularly. Posting on any of PIPPD’s sponsored social media platforms constitutes acceptance of the following terms:
A. Customer Use: Authorized and Prohibited Comments
- Users are subject to the Terms of Service (TOS) of the host site. Any information you share with or post to PIPPD sponsored social media pages may be used by the host site for their own purposes. Please review and/or consult the host website’s TOS.
- Comments promoting or endorsing political campaigns or candidates are prohibited.
- The use of obscene, vulgar, pornographic, slanderous, defamatory, insulting, threatening, or harassing language or the promotion of violence is prohibited. Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, age, or religious group, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status are strictly prohibited.
- Comments advocating illegal activity or conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local law are prohibited.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest, such as copyright or trademark, of any party are subject to removal. Contributors may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content will be deleted where it reasonably appears to violate third party rights.
- Comments that detail serious unsubstantiated allegations or could harm or jeopardize ongoing investigations or legal action are subject to removal.
- Comments that constitute commercial marketing, commercial endorsement, or unsolicited commercial advertisement are prohibited.
- Repetitive posts copied and posted by multiple users or unintelligible or irrelevant comments or that contain personal identifying information of any person may be removed.
Posted comments do not necessarily represent the views of The Palisades Interstate Parkway Police.
C. Emergencies/Crime Tips and News Requests
Please note our social media accounts are NOT monitored 24-7, and we cannot accept emergency posts or crime reports via social media. If you require emergency assistance, please call 911. Reporters are asked to send questions to the Public Information Officer through normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions via social media pages.
D. Information Disclaimer
The Palisades Interstate Parkway Police makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information via social media. The information contained on sponsored social media platforms, however, is not official nor in any way shall it be deemed to constitute legal notice where such legal notice is required by law. Any information posted is provided as a service and convenience to people needing information about PIPPD. Portions of the information posted by PIPPD may be incorrect or not current. PIPPD, its officers, employees or agents shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of social media posted information, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by reliance upon the accuracy or timeliness of any such information, or damages incurred from the viewing, distributing, or copying of those materials. We also accept no responsibility for lack of service due to host service downtime.
E. Linking Policy
PIPPD’s sponsored social media pages may contain links to outside websites. These websites are not owned, controlled or reviewed by PIPPD. Any links are provided solely as a courtesy and convenience to the user. PIPPD, its officers or employees, exercise no control over the material contained in these outside websites nor does PIPPD, its officers or employees, sponsor, endorse or approve the information, materials, opinions or services contained on such outside websites. The user proceeds to these outside websites at his/her own risk. PIPPD specifically disclaims any and all liability from damages, which may result from the accessing of a third-party site, which is linked to PIPPD’s social media page or from reliance upon only such information.
F. Endorsement Disclaimer
Advertisements that appear alongside PIPPD social media accounts, pages or tweets issued by PIPPD do not imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by PIPPD or its officers, employees or agents. The appearance of a user as a follower of a PIPPD account does not imply endorsement, nor does PIPPD’s following any particular user imply endorsement. Likewise, the participation of PIPPD on social media, including liking, commenting, reposting, retweeting, sharing or the use of other feature sets that are made available on social media pages at, toward, or about another’s account, message or post do not imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by PIPPD or its officers, employees, or agents.
G. Copyright and Trademark Limitations/Use of Materials
PIPPD makes no warranty that materials contained on a PIPPD sponsored social media page are free of copyright or trademark claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. Making a copy of such material may be subject to copyright or trademark laws. PIPPD has made the content of its social media pages available to the public, and anyone may view, copy, or distribute PIPPD posted information found therein without obligation to PIPPD for non-commercial, personal use only.
H. Unauthorized Modifications
Unauthorized attempts to modify or otherwise alter any information posted on PIPPD sponsored social media pages may result in criminal prosecution.
We welcome feedback from our users, and we try to join conversations or reply where possible, however, we are not able to reply to all the messages or posts that we receive.
J. Right to Amend
For more information about the Palisades Interstate Parkway Police, including contact information, please visit our website.